Table of Contents
- 1 1. Add pattern to your bedroom floor with a rug
- 2 2. Redesign your bedroom with a new color scheme
- 3 3. Choose a subtle pattern to add interest
- 4 4. Wallpaper all your bedroom walls for a cozy feel
- 5 5. Or use paint to update your bedroom walls
- 6 6. Pick warm ochres, rusts for a bedroom decor idea
- 7 7. Create a panel effect with paint
- 8 8. Work with the alcoves in your space
- 9 9. Create uniformity with DIY paneling
- 10 10. Choose contrasting colors for a vibrant space
- 11 11. Add shiplap paneling for a rustic look
- 12 12. Create a gallery wall with mirrors
- 13 13. Add pattern with an upholstered headboard
- 14 14. Or, completely DIY a headboard with cute cushions
- 15 15. Pick bedroom furniture that plays with scale
- 16 16. Go for a classic grey scheme in a bedroom
- 17 17. Keep things neutral for a farmhouse feel
- 18 18. Go for a beachy look with an all white bedroom
- 19 These inspiring bedroom ideas are the best place to start planning your dream makeover…
- 20 REDESIGN YOUR BEDROOM WITH A NEW COLOUR SCHEME
- 21 CHOOSE A SUBTLE PATTERN TO ADD INTEREST
- 22 WALLPAPER ALL YOUR BEDROOM WALLS FOR A COSY FEEL
- 23 OR USE PAINT TO UPDATE YOUR BEDROOM WALLS
- 24 PICK WARM OCHRES, RUSTS FOR A BEDROOM DECOR IDEA
- 25 CREATE A PANEL EFFECT WITH PAINT
- 26 WORK WITH THE ALCOVES IN YOUR SPACE
- 27 CREATE UNIFORMITY WITH DIY PANELLING
- 28 CHOOSE CONTRASTING COLOURS FOR A VIBRANT SPACE
- 29 ADD SHIPLAP PANELLING FOR A RUSTIC LOOK
- 30 CREATE A GALLERY WALL WITH MIRRORS
- 31 ADD PATTERN WITH AN UPHOLSTERED HEADBOARD
- 32 OR, COMPLETELY DIY A HEADBOARD WITH CUTE CUSHIONS
- 33 PICK BEDROOM FURNITURE THAT PLAYS WITH SCALE
- 34 GO FOR A CLASSIC GREY SCHEME IN A BEDROOM
- 35 KEEP THINGS NEUTRAL FOR A FARMHOUSE FEEL
- 36 GO FOR A BEACHY LOOK WITH AN ALL WHITE BEDROOM
- 37 ADD SOFTNESS TO A BEDROOM WITH BLUSH HUES
- 38 CREATE ATMOSPHERE WITH A MOODY FEATURE WALL
- 39 MIX AND MATCH FOR A MODERN TAKE ON A BOHO BEDROOM
- 40 MAKE BEDROOM STORAGE STYLISH AND DISCREET
- 41 OR, USE AN OPEN STORAGE SYSTEM FOR DECORATION
- 42 WAP OUT BULKY BEDSIDE TABLES FOR BUILT-IN SHELVES
- 43 PICK STATEMENT LIGHTS FOR BEDSIDE TABLES
- 44 ADD CHARACTER WITH ANTIQUE EFFECT TASK LIGHTING
- 45 EXPOSE BARE FLOORBOARDS FOR A PRACTICAL AND SOPHISTICATED FLOORING CHOICE
- 46 OR KEEP THING COSY WITH A CARPET
- 47 ADD PLENTY OF HOUSE PLANTS FOR AN EASY BEDROOM UPDATE
- 48 INCORPORATE A SMALL STYLISH WORKSPACE
- 49 CREATE CALM WITH A LIGHT COLOUR PALETTE
- 50 GET A COOL SCANDI LOOK WITH WOOD PANELLING
- 51 ADD ENERGY WITH CANARY-COLOURED SHUTTERS
- 52 CLASH PATTERNS AND USE LAYERING FOR DRAMA
- 53 19. Go for a clean fresh new look in your bedroom
- 54 20. Add softness to a bedroom with blush hues
- 55 21. Or pick a warmer pink for a north-facing room
- 56 22. Create atmosphere with a moody feature wall
- 57 23. Or create a feature wall with painted beading
- 58 24. Fake Cottagecore with wallpaper that looks like wood
- 59 25. Be bold with bright, patterned wallpaper
- 60 26. Create a mini living room in your bedroom
- 61 27. Mix and match for a modern take on a boho bedroom
- 62 28. Make bedroom storage stylish and discreet
- 63 29. Or, use an open storage system for decoration
- 64 30. Add a clothes rail for pretty and practical storage
- 65 31. Swap out bulky bedside tables for built-in shelves
- 66 32. Pick statement lights for bedside tables
- 67 33. Add character with antique effect task lighting
- 68 34. And softness with pendant lighting
- 69 35. Warm up a small bedroom with fairy lights
- 70 36. Make best use of natural light
- 71 37. Expose bare floorboards for a practical and sophisticated flooring choice
- 72 38. Or keep thing cozy with a carpet
- 73 39. Add plenty of house plants for an easy bedroom update
- 74 40. Incorporate a small stylish workspace
- 75 41. Create calm with a light color palette
- 76 42. Get a cool Scandi look with wood panelling
- 77 43. Choose a wooden headboard with character
- 78 44. Add energy with canary-colored shutters
- 79 45. Clash patterns and use layering for drama
- 80 46. Add symmetry for luxurious look
Bedrooms are such personal spaces, which is why it’s so important to decorate yours in a way that suits your tastes, and your needs. From giving you energy in the morning so that you wake up refreshed, to being serene enough to help you wind down with ease, this space works hard at keeping you happy! So we’ve put our best bedroom ideas together to help inspire your own space.
What’s wonderful about decorating a bedroom also, is that you don’t have to make huge changes to see and feel great results. A simple switch of a headboard, new colorful cushions, or even just a statement rug could add so much depth to your bedroom decor.
1. Add pattern to your bedroom floor with a rug
When your bedroom flooring is looking a bit tired, or if you live in a rented home and want to add some personality, a rug is one of the easiest ways to change up your bedroom design without costing your a fortune!
If your current flooring is really ruining the whole vibe of your room, we recommend throwing down a massive area rug in a neutral color and material (something like jute is perfect) and then adding a patterned rug on top.
2. Redesign your bedroom with a new color scheme
If you want a completely new look, a different bedroom color scheme could be a great place to start. You might not need to change up too much either, especially if your walls are already painted quite a neutral color.
Create a mood board or use Pinterest to come up with colors you love and even look at paint swatches to see how they will all work together. Then just start bringing all those new colors in with bedding, cushions, rugs and once you know you are really happy with the new colors you can maybe go a bit bolder with paint, wallpaper and furniture.
Uber fresh, light and airy, this sunny scheme using Crown’s Sunrise matt emulsion is a sure-fire winner to lighten and brighten up a dark room and create the illusion of space.
3. Choose a subtle pattern to add interest
If you are confident in the atmosphere you want to create in your space, bedroom wallpaper can be a quick and cheap way to bring in the right colors and patterns. Use the colors within your wallpaper to dictate the rest of your room – we adore how the subtle pink hues work with the gorgeous bed set up here.
4. Wallpaper all your bedroom walls for a cozy feel
Oooh, how cozy is this room? Love it. This shows how lovely the right wallpaper can look on all four walls of a bedroom and it’s one of the most effective small bedroom ideas also to help create interest in a tiny space. The print is nice and neutral and really subtle, plus it totally matches everything else going on in the room, which is a great way to make a small bedroom feel nice and cocooning.
5. Or use paint to update your bedroom walls
Even easier than wallpaper, paint can totally change your room in a matter of hours, plus it’s a great way to experiment with color because it’s not really permanent. Our choice for bedroom paint would always be soft, rosy hues that are going to be relaxing and you can add more colors in if you want a brighter look.
6. Pick warm ochres, rusts for a bedroom decor idea
If earthy shades are your thing, look no further than this down to earth scheme from Annie Sloan. Her famous chalky paints are the go-to-place if you love natural shades – they have a super quality that looks fabulous on any wall. The block design Annie has used here is so on-trend – you can recreate it yourself with four colors and a roll of frog tape. If you fancy using the same colors they are Old Ochre, Honfleur, Oxford Navy and Scandinavian Pink.
7. Create a panel effect with paint
This is a great bedroom design idea for any space, and it works particularly well in small bedrooms to heighten the room. All you need to do is use masking tape and a ruler to mark where you want your lower color to end and just get painting!
8. Work with the alcoves in your space
Working with your bedroom design is a must in all decorating schemes. And, if you want to be bold in your color choices, particularly if you want to pick a dark color for your bedroom, painting an alcove is a great way to work this in to your space. This room still looks bright and fresh but the dark wall, along with the matching bedding add a more dramatic feel.
If you love dark and dramatic interiors, we have a whole gallery dedicated to them so make sure you check that out next.
9. Create uniformity with DIY paneling
Paneling is everywhere at the moment! And, not just in traditional homes, as wall paneling works really well in modern spaces too. Fear not if you haven’t been blessed with original paneling in your bedroom, as you can DIY the look. Just head over to guide on how to DIY wall paneling for an easy to follow step by step.
10. Choose contrasting colors for a vibrant space
You see, wall paneling works so well in a cool and modern bedroom! We love this room, particularly because of the contrasting colors. The softness of the pink brings out bright teal and yellow so well, making it a great bedroom idea for couples and for anyone that adores vibrant spaces.
11. Add shiplap paneling for a rustic look
This is a look that’s all over Instagram at the moment. Very beachy, very relaxed, shiplap walls are the thing to have in a bedroom. Now, you can DIY the look with just cladding but we have also seen some fab wallpaper that replicates the look without the faff. Wayfair make loads, as do Etsy so check them out.
12. Create a gallery wall with mirrors
We have always been fond of a gallery wall, and we are loving the latest trend of maxing out on mirrors as an alternative to prints. A gallery wall of mirrors is a fab bedroom idea because no matter what the size of your room it’s going to bring in more light, texture and interest. We have loads more mirror ideas over in our gallery, so head over there for more ways to bring them into your bedroom decor.
13. Add pattern with an upholstered headboard
Choosing a pattern can help soften this often cumbersome-looking object! Because, particularly if yours is dated, a solid headboard can often dominate the entire space. A really easy bedroom idea is to cover it up with a playful patterned fabric.
All you need for this DIY project is the fabric of your choice– enough to cover your headboard – and a staple gun. Lay the fabric flat on the floor, then remove the headboard and lay it over the fabric. Get someone to help you stretch the fabric over the front of your headboard and then secure it with a staple gun to the back. It doesn’t matter if it looks a bit messy at the back of the headboard because no one will ever see it.
If you want an easy route, then check out our roundup of the best headboards about right now.
14. Or, completely DIY a headboard with cute cushions
If you want an even softer look, copy this lovely bedroom look. For this super easy DIY project, just pick two or three large square cushions and attach some small brass rings (curtains rings work well) to the top two corners. Then, using the size of your chosen cushions as a guide, mark out where you need to place the nails or screws that will hold up the cushions. Hammer some large brass nails (or use screws if you prefer), hang the cushions and you’re done.
For more headboard ideas, head over to our feature.
15. Pick bedroom furniture that plays with scale
What does this mean exactly? Well, it can mean three things. First, and importantly, you don’t want to put a king-sized bed in a small bedroom. So, furniture kept in scale within the room is much more likely to make it feel larger.
Next: don’t over-clutter a small bedroom with too much furniture. Doing so will again take up space visually (as well as really).
Lastly, pick a tall headboard like this one. Doing so will make the room feel taller and give it great focus. Patterns and prints on the bed and headboard like this fab design from KDLoves are great for distracting the eye and for keeping the bed as the focal point too.
16. Go for a classic grey scheme in a bedroom
You can’t go wrong with gray bedroom ideas can you, they are always going to be in style and gray is a really easy color to work with other colors. You can change up the palette with seasons – in the autumn and winter keep things cozy by adding warmer colors and darker grays, and then in summer keep all them pale and add plenty of crisp whites and light colors.
17. Keep things neutral for a farmhouse feel
We always love a neutral bedroom decor scheme, as it’s guaranteed to be soft and inviting. We like the idea of adding in lots of nice textures too, just to keep things from looking a bit flat. The rustic bedside table, upholstered headboard and thick bedroom rugs all help to create interest in a space that doesn’t have much color.
18. Go for a beachy look with an all white bedroom
And of course an all-white bedroom is a classic look. You can also do so much with a blank canvas and change it up easily as styles and seasons change. During the summer months, a relaxed beachy look is definitely one to go for and this works so well with an all-white scheme. Add in some greenery a few cream or grey accents to soften the look. While in cooler months, you’ll want to embrace Hygge a little more with some Scandi-style bedroom additions to your space.
Gallery: 33 stunning bedroom ideas (Real Homes)
These inspiring bedroom ideas are the best place to start planning your dream makeover…
REDESIGN YOUR BEDROOM WITH A NEW COLOUR SCHEME
CHOOSE A SUBTLE PATTERN TO ADD INTEREST
WALLPAPER ALL YOUR BEDROOM WALLS FOR A COSY FEEL
OR USE PAINT TO UPDATE YOUR BEDROOM WALLS
PICK WARM OCHRES, RUSTS FOR A BEDROOM DECOR IDEA
CREATE A PANEL EFFECT WITH PAINT
WORK WITH THE ALCOVES IN YOUR SPACE
CREATE UNIFORMITY WITH DIY PANELLING
CHOOSE CONTRASTING COLOURS FOR A VIBRANT SPACE
ADD SHIPLAP PANELLING FOR A RUSTIC LOOK
CREATE A GALLERY WALL WITH MIRRORS
ADD PATTERN WITH AN UPHOLSTERED HEADBOARD
OR, COMPLETELY DIY A HEADBOARD WITH CUTE CUSHIONS
PICK BEDROOM FURNITURE THAT PLAYS WITH SCALE
GO FOR A CLASSIC GREY SCHEME IN A BEDROOM
KEEP THINGS NEUTRAL FOR A FARMHOUSE FEEL
GO FOR A BEACHY LOOK WITH AN ALL WHITE BEDROOM
ADD SOFTNESS TO A BEDROOM WITH BLUSH HUES
CREATE ATMOSPHERE WITH A MOODY FEATURE WALL
MIX AND MATCH FOR A MODERN TAKE ON A BOHO BEDROOM
MAKE BEDROOM STORAGE STYLISH AND DISCREET
OR, USE AN OPEN STORAGE SYSTEM FOR DECORATION
WAP OUT BULKY BEDSIDE TABLES FOR BUILT-IN SHELVES
PICK STATEMENT LIGHTS FOR BEDSIDE TABLES
ADD CHARACTER WITH ANTIQUE EFFECT TASK LIGHTING
EXPOSE BARE FLOORBOARDS FOR A PRACTICAL AND SOPHISTICATED FLOORING CHOICE
OR KEEP THING COSY WITH A CARPET
ADD PLENTY OF HOUSE PLANTS FOR AN EASY BEDROOM UPDATE
INCORPORATE A SMALL STYLISH WORKSPACE
CREATE CALM WITH A LIGHT COLOUR PALETTE
GET A COOL SCANDI LOOK WITH WOOD PANELLING
ADD ENERGY WITH CANARY-COLOURED SHUTTERS
CLASH PATTERNS AND USE LAYERING FOR DRAMA
19. Go for a clean fresh new look in your bedroom
We are not sure how realistic this Ikea bedroom idea actually is but we LOVE it and we are sure you can copy some elements from this space. Maybe not the ‘nothing else in your bedroom but a bed and tree’ part, but you could create the very relaxed, clean vibe. Give the walls a fresh coat of white paint, pick out some new white bedding and hey you could even add the tree. We love the added texture of the Alseda rattan stool too.
20. Add softness to a bedroom with blush hues
Can you tell we love neutral bedroom decor? This room has just a hint of color with all those lovely peachy, blush hues. Again so easy to style differently too – add darker colors for a more moody, wintery feel, add golds to go more glam or even add subtle prints for a cute boho feel.
Love pink rooms as much as we do? Well, we have a whole feature for you to check out.
21. Or pick a warmer pink for a north-facing room
On paper, this colorway may seem quirky, but in reality, it’s a beautiful combination and we love how Marisa from @oakappledecor has pulled this scheme together. The white bedding breaks it up visually and the texture of the knitted throw breaks up the overall look perfectly. A touch of pattern from the cushion and prints adds that decorative element and we love the round lighting!
22. Create atmosphere with a moody feature wall
Ah, finally some darker colors! Feature walls are great bedroom ideas as they come in so many different forms to suit your decorating style. What we love about this bedroom is the dark feature wall. The herringbone tiling effect adds interest and texture, which works wonderfully with those blue walls. Plus, it would be so easy to change the lookup too. Paint the walls white and voilà, a completely different space.
23. Or create a feature wall with painted beading
Looking to create a stand-out feature wall on a budget? Here’s how to do it: use simple pine beading, glued and pinned to a wall, to create a simple geometric pattern – then paint it in a stand-out color.
This is a bedroom paint color that’s been very popular recently and it’s here to stay for a while longer. So if you fancy warming up a north-facing bedroom then this is your answer. It looks fabulous with the curvy blush pink headboard, and it’s a color that’s easy to accessorize. Grey is another shade that looks great with it, as does dark wood, so if you have those colors already then this mustard shade will fit right in.
24. Fake Cottagecore with wallpaper that looks like wood
All you need to complete this look are a few logs to throw on the burner so you can listen to the crackle while you doze off. We all secretly hanker after having a secret wood cabin to run away to, don’t we? Well this look – Cottagecore – is not too hard to achieve – if you have a wooden floor then you’re halfway there! Good at DIY? Then you can add wood panels to the wall, if not, source a wood wall style wallpaper. Add in some cozy bedding, plants, a good book and a candle your look is complete!
25. Be bold with bright, patterned wallpaper
We love color in a bedroom – and while we’d say the brighter the better, what we actually think is that bright colors need to be chosen really carefully to feel restful. Our number one rule? Pick a punchy color (here, it’s pink but it could just as easily be yellow), but stick to natural shades and use a lot of neutrals beneath them to show them off without them feeling garish. Like in this room above – a modern take on summery country chic we love.
26. Create a mini living room in your bedroom
A bedroom chair is an essential! Somewhere to sit and read, or spend an afternoon working, it just brings a nice relaxed feel into a bedroom. Curate almost a mini living room in the corner with a small table and a lamp too, throw down a rug and add some cushions to make it cozier.
Plus, if you are renting and basically only have a room to your name, this is one of the most effective bedroom decorating ideas to help zone your space and make it feel like you have separate areas, for different activities.
27. Mix and match for a modern take on a boho bedroom
While old furniture in a bedroom can look lovely, it’s sometimes not the most practical. Drawers that don’t open properly, bedside tables with uneven legs, wardrobes with doors falling off their hinges? Yes, it’s a familiar set up. But why not keep that vintage bedroom, boho look with smaller infrequently used pieces of furniture and accessories, but pick modern pieces for the more heavily used items. The overall result is actually really cool.
28. Make bedroom storage stylish and discreet
Storage is a must-have in a bedroom, but trying to squeeze in a place to keep all your clothes, bedding, shoes and more, can be tricky. And for this reason we say keep your storage as discreet and possible so your room isn’t just overwhelmed by furniture. Make use of alcoves so wardrobes and drawers can be tucked away and pick small pieces of storage furniture that are going to add some style to the room as well as being practical – case in point this wooden blanket box.
29. Or, use an open storage system for decoration
Of course, bedroom storage doesn’t always have to be practical, you can use it to add some personality to your bedroom too. Pick storage that has both open and closed options so you can hide clutter behind doors and keep your prettiest things on show.
30. Add a clothes rail for pretty and practical storage
Struggling to cram all your clothes into your wardrobe? A clothes rail will not only provide a bit of extra hanging space but they can look really lovely too. Pick out your prettiest clothes and go for a color palette too that you can change up your bedroom’s style with the seasons. This is the Turbo rail from Ikea, chic and simple.
For more clothes storage ideas, check out our feature.
31. Swap out bulky bedside tables for built-in shelves
If bedside tables are compromising your entire bedroom decor scheme or your space altogether, then remember that you can swap them out for shelving, painted to match the wall behind. The lower they are, the bigger the bedroom will feel, too.
32. Pick statement lights for bedside tables
‘Think about what feel you’re after in the bedroom, is it calming and pared back, warm and cozy or something with a more opulent flavour, then create your lighting scheme around that,’ says Rohan Blacker, Founder, Pooky. ‘In general, keep bulbs shaded with material as opposed to glass, unless you want to use the light source for reading. If you’re a book lover, directional wall or desk lights are far more effective than lamps with lampshades, but they are less equipped to create warm, ambient light.’
For more bedroom lighting ideas make sure you check out our feature.
33. Add character with antique effect task lighting
Looking for bedroom lighting ideas? Well, a bedside light is obviously an essential. We love the seamless look that comes with a wall-mounted bedside light, no wires and perfect if you want to keep the space on your table totally clear. They are also great in smaller bedrooms if you cant fit in a bedside table.
34. And softness with pendant lighting
And of course you will need a ‘big light’. In a bedroom the softer the better, so pick a shade in a light, warm material and add a warm bulb too. Rattan lights are so stylish at the moment and are the best decorative ideas for bedrooms as they can make a bit of a statement but always give off a lovely light.
35. Warm up a small bedroom with fairy lights
And you just can’t go wrong with fairy light can you? Perfect for adding ambiance in a bedroom you can literally string them up where ever to add a soft cosy glow.
36. Make best use of natural light
If you have been blessed with lots of natural light in your bedroom, make the most of it. Pick out window dressings that aren’t going to block out any light during the day – lace, net, light linen, all of these sheer fabrics would work. You can add a discreet roller blind underneath or a heavier curtain over the top to keep out light during the night.
For more bedroom curtain ideas, check out our gallery.
37. Expose bare floorboards for a practical and sophisticated flooring choice
Floorboards are a really practical choice in a bedroom, they are easy to keep clean, work with any style and of course look lovely. If you are concerned about keeping the room warm, then rugs are the answer. Invest in a larger rug to keep the heat in and stop it being too noisy under foot, and then add smaller rugs over the top.
Oh and obviously you can paint floorboards too, just head to our guide on painting floorboards for all the tips.
38. Or keep thing cozy with a carpet
Carpet is often an underestimated bedroom decor choice. But, choose wisely and you’ll see how great it can be to add both warmth and coziness. Go for something relatively neutral on your bedroom floor so it’s not the focus of your room and can cope with whatever style you add to your space.
39. Add plenty of house plants for an easy bedroom update
House plants are the most organic of all the bedroom decorating ideas out there and they are such a great way to add calming or vibrant colors into your bedroom space. Mix up the size of plants you choose and have them all at different levels to create a real jungle feel. We have a whole feature on indoor gardening too, check that out for plenty of ideas.
40. Incorporate a small stylish workspace
We are all working from home a lot more at the moment, and for some of us it might become a full-time thing. If you are squeezed for space in the rest of your house, or rent a room and need to create a home office, the bedroom is the place to do it. You want a home office to fit seamlessly into your bedroom decor, so pick furniture and accessories that match the room’s style. Let’s be honest you don’t want a massive ergonomic office chair and huge cumbersome desk, so go for slimline, stylish office furniture that could even double up as a dressing table.
If you are after more small home office ideas, head to our gallery.
41. Create calm with a light color palette
For a truly chilled out ambiance, be sure to keep your decor – window dressings and the like – light in color. You can still add some dark hues like in this room with the headboard, but otherwise choose light and breezy tones for the defining features of the space.
42. Get a cool Scandi look with wood panelling
More about simple and Scandi than dark and moody? You’ll love this oak wall covering, then. Behind the wall, there are actually bespoke wardrobes made from MDF carcasses, but the covering is engineered oak flooring (there’s that topsy turvy floor-to-wall trend again!), which looks amazing contrasted with the plain white walls. This also shows that a feature wall doesn’t have to be behind your bed, either – use bespoke joinery like this to highlight interesting shapes or dramatic ceiling heights to amazing effect.
See more of this 17th century mill house in our feature.
43. Choose a wooden headboard with character
While the base color palette of this bedroom decor is neutral, the pattern of the wooden headboard teamed with the textured soft furnishing and other bedroom accessories, makes this space truly warm and welcoming. A great look for guest bedrooms, while we would totally choose this for our own space also.
44. Add energy with canary-colored shutters
After colorful bedroom ideas but not sure where to start? Shutters always look lovely in a rainbow of colors, plus they are perfect if you just want a pop of brightness as when they are open they won’t look as dramatic. This sunny yellow is so cool, and works well with other hints of yellow dotted throughout the rest of the room.
We have a whole guide to how to choose window shutters, so if they sound like a good choice for your bedroom, have a read through that before you buy.
45. Clash patterns and use layering for drama
Prefer a maximalist look? Use curtains to add pattern and start to build from there. Choose prints and colors for the rest of the room that will both complement and contrast the existing patterns. Bold color palettes are always going to be one of our favorite go-to bedroom decorating ideas, and it’s the contrast of patterns that adds that eclectic touch which makes it so special.
46. Add symmetry for luxurious look
The quickest way to give your bedroom decor an upgrade to a hotel feel is to keep things symmetrical. Match your bedside tables, the bedside lights, the cushions too, just double up on everything. This will add a sense of balance to your room, plus it all just feels fancier.