If you’re looking to update your space with some new furniture for the holiday season and beyond, there’s no reason to wait until Black Friday to get a good deal. Lots of retailers are getting a big jump on pushing sales live well before the main event, so if giving your bedroom a refresh is long overdue or if you want to invest in an ergonomic desk for your home office, this is the time.
Tip: Bookmark this page for easy access to the best Black Friday furniture sales. We’ll be updating it frequently with the latest deals and info from more retailers.
Many retailers are offering savings sitewide, while others are continually running special promotions. And, some of our favorite furniture sites are doing both.
For deep savings on everything from velvet sofas to snazzy bar carts to dining room tables that can double as workspace for the entire family, we’ve sussed out sites with the best Black Friday furniture sales to shop right now.
Psst: Want more Black Friday? You can jump to our guides for Target Black Friday deals, Kohl’s Black Friday deals, Best Buy Black Friday deals and everything we know about the best Black Friday sales you can shop so far.
- Allform: Shoppers can save 20% sitewide using the code BLACKFRIDAY20 at checkout during Allform’s early Black Friday sale.
- AllModern: Discounts of up to 50% off can be had across the site on everything from rugs and sofas to dining tables and TV stands for AllModern’s Early Access Black Friday Sale.
- Amazon: A ton of early Black Friday deals are happening across the site, including Epic Daily Deals for extra savings, but there isn’t much in the way of furniture and discounts aren’t very deep. That said, there are a few attractive pieces worth a look, like this cool industrial coffee table for nearly 35% off.
- Anthropologie: Take advantage of Anthropologie’s Black Friday sale and save 30% off on everything you buy.
- Apt2B: Save up to 35% off during Apt2B’s Buy More Save More Black Friday sale, which runs through November 27. Get 20% off storewide, and online, you can save 25% off orders of $2,499 or more, 30% off for spending $3,999 or more, and 35% off a total of $4,999 or more.
- Article: It’s tough to beat Article for modern furniture with great design and solid quality at prices that won’t break the bank. Right now, get up to 50% off across the site during their early Black Friday sale.
- Burrow: Burrow is another excellent direct-to-consumer furniture site, which is currently running an excellent early Black Friday sale. Use the discount code deals and save 10% if you spend up to $1,399, and as much as $500 off if your purchase totals $3,000 or more.
- Dims: Designers love Dims for updated takes on Midcentury-Modern furniture—and for their socially responsible business practices. For Black Friday, if you purchase the Composed Vanity II and its accompanying stool, you’ll receive a free set of drawer trays; sign up for their newsletter to receive early access to the deal.
- Hayneedle: Save up to 50% off and get free shipping on everything you buy during Hayneedle’s Black Friday Sale.
- Hem: If you love IKEA’s designs but want to buy investment furniture, take a look at Hem. Sign up to receive emails for exclusive access to Black Friday deals up to 40% off.
- Home Depot: This mega home improvement retailer has ongoing early Black Friday specials sales and daily promotions. They’re currently offering savings of up to 35% on select home decor and furniture, like this attractive solid wood dresser.
- IKEA: There isn’t a sitewide IKEA Black Friday sale happening yet, but there is special pricing on select items for the holidays, such as this attractive dining set.
- Inside Weather: Inside Weather is always a smart go-to if you’re in the market for affordable custom furniture. Get 15% off your entire purchase during their early Black Friday sale, plus save 20% if you spend $1,000 or more and 25% off totals of $2,000 or more.
- Joss & Main: Save up to 50% off as part of the site’s Black Friday Stylist’s Picks promotion sale.
- Pottery Barn: Pottery Barn is running special promotions leading up to Black Friday. Right now, you can save up to 25% off on bedding, decor, and more, including holiday items.
- Target: Target is deep into its Black Friday sale and furniture is up to 40% off, including pieces for the bedroom, living room, dining room.
- Walmart: There’s a slim selection of deals on furniture pre-Black Friday at Walmart, but a few items on sale are worth a look, like this cool bar cart for 20% off.
- Wayfair: Wayfair’s Early Access Black Friday sale includes living room seating at up to 70% off and kitchen and dining furniture at up to 65% off. There’s also baby and nursery furniture at up to 60% off, and bedroom furniture starting at $79.
- West Elm: Like Pottery Barn, West Elm is running various promotions pre-Black Friday. Right now, shoppers can take advantage of 50% off on furniture (plus bedding, decor, and more).
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is traditionally the day after Thanksgiving, when there are major deals to take advantage of both in-store and online. Sales are on just about anything you can think of, from clothing to TVs to home furnishings.
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday 2020 falls on Friday, November 27.
Should I buy furniture now or wait until Black Friday?
Well-priced, popular items are often the first to go out of stock, so if you see something you like or if you’ve had your eye on a particular piece, your best bet is to buy it now. You may save a few more dollars by waiting, as prices can fluctuate on some sites, but then you run the risk of missing out.
Got a tip for a great Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal? You can share it with our Forbes Shopping editorial team via this webform.